This is one of my husbands favorite meals that I make. And not to toot my own horn or anything… It really is pretty awesome. Simple, easy to make and tastes great! That, right there, is my kind of recipe!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 green onions
- 2 carrots
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 3 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (15.5 oz) small white beans
- handful of fresh spinach
- 2 zucchinis (sliced and quartered)
- 2 Tbs oregano
- 3 Tbs basil
- salt & pepper
- spiral pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Pour olive oil into a large stock pot. Sauté garlic over MED/LOW heat. Add and sauté onions. Add and sauté carrots.
- Add chicken broth, water and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to LOW. Add in beans, spinach, zucchini, oregano, basil, salt & pepper.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Cook spiral pasta in a medium saucepan. Drain and add to soup.
- After the soup has simmered, pour soup into bowls, top with Parmesan cheese and serve.