This is my absolute FAVORITE recipe for banana bread. It is absolute PERFECTION!… Except for that one time I mixed up the salt and sugar measurements… That was a rough batch of banana bread. Nothing to brag about there. So… try not to mix in 1 cup salt instead of 1 cup sugar😝
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- cooking spray
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar and butter in mixer and beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add bananas, milk, sour cream and eggs. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir well and add to mixer. Beat until blended.
- Coat a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray and spoon in batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
*Allowing the loaf to stand overnight enhances the flavor and the moistness 🍞